Sunday, January 24, 2010

My HCC SouthShore Artist's Reception






We had a wonderful time Friday night! About 50 people visited the Artist’s Reception between 5 and 7 pm. I truly enjoyed visiting with old friends and meeting new ones. The reaction of the group was so positive; I feel encouraged!



Thank you to Dr. Alan Witt, Dean Steve Stancil, and Librarian Michael Johnson (photo above) for offering me this opportunity to show my work. Thank you also to Priscilla Mixon, Christa Jerome and Vicki Elsberry for being hostesses for the reception. And a HUGE thank-you goes to my husband Archie for his help and moral support throughout the set-up and show.



The photos below show the exhibit and many of the wonderful people who attended. I even saw one friend I probably haven’t seen in 20 years! She is now the new Academic Dean of HCC SouthShore! My fellow artist and long-time friend, Susan Corbett, attended; her fantastic watercolors are on display at SouthShore Regional Library. Thanks, Sue, for being mutually supportive.

Sue evidently agrees with my motto (taken from an artist’s apron): “Support a living artist; the dead ones don’t need it.”











Did you see yourself in the photos? No? Well, you can still visit the art exhibit Mondays through Thursdays, 8 am – 8 pm, and Fridays, 8 am – 2 pm, from now until February 15.

Directions to HCC SouthShore

From the parking lot, enter through the passageway towards the right end of the building. Walk through the tables to the rear of the building. There are stairs and an elevator up to the Learning Resource Center (library) on the second floor.

I hope you enjoy viewing my artwork. Click on the Comment link below to express your reaction.



Thanks, Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews