Monday, May 23, 2011

Painting in My New Studio at The Art Studio at Arianna's

FEELING WONDERFUL!  I have painted four mornings out of the last five.  My new studio space in The Art Studio at Arianna's is so quiet, cool, comfortable, secure.  I go there in the mornings before Arianna's opens for the day and stay until about lunchtime.  Fantastic!

Here is the 30" x 40" version of Banyan Cathedral I have been working on.  It certainly is not finished, but it is coming along well. 



You may have seen the smaller version.  It is 16" x 20" and was juried into a show at Art Center Sarasota.  I had it printed on small notecards as well.  Our friends Vicki and Ross Elsberry used these notecards along with ones with Mullet Couple gyotaku for their son's rehearsal dinner at Little Gasparilla Island.  Happy life together, Sam and Melissa!



So you can see that the larger one needs lots and lots more "tendrils" to come anywhere close.

I am have such fun "growing" those tendrils...with paint, brush and palette knife.

Check back later for the finished painting.

Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews