The following will be furnished for you:
11" x 14" canvas board, gel medium, water pans for dipping copies, some liquid paint, gesso
NOTE: If you prefer foam core board or wood supports, please bring with you--no larger than 11 x 14. I will bring gesso or you can gesso beforehand.
Stuff to collect for your mixed media collage--just a few of these:
- Xerox copies of your photographs--color and grayscale (black and white). Enlarge some; minimize some.NOTE: Copies should be with laser printer, not inkjet. To test, make a copy and drip water on it. IF THE INK RUNS, IT WON'T WORK FOR THIS!
- Oriental papers--The sheets are large. You might want to share or save some for later projects.
- Bas-relief items: Fabric, small wood pieces, buttons, jewelry, watch parts--Let your imagination run wild!
- Tear out parts of old paintings or drawings on paper or yupo that you aren't pleased with. Save the "good" parts.
- Scraps of miscellaneous papers you may have: Tissue paper, scraps of watercolor paper, drawing paper, whatever.
- Greeting cards and magazines--PLEASE do not plan to use another artist's work in its entirety; tear out parts to use.
- Old tickets or ticket stubs
- Paper doilies
- Paper bags
- Old textbook pages, bills, receipts, diary pages, old letters and envelopes, sheet music, postcards
- Small beads
- Mesh or netting or cheesecloth
- Dress patterns
- Archival quality photo-safe glue
- Paint--acrylic or watercolor This is a great way to use those ALMOST empty tubes. (Some acrylic will be furnished.)
- Rags for cleaning brushes, et cetera
- Old brushes
- Candle for dripping wax
- Egg carton, cottage cheese or yogurt cup
- Paper towels
- Hard brayer
- Watercolor pencils