Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ruskin Community Art Project Saturday, March 19, 2010

Dina led us in an exercise to show us how to mix colors and fill in squares to create an enlarged mural.

How?

We each had icing in the primary and secondary colors plus white and a bag of square cookies.  We were also given one square of a pixelated poster that had been cut into 20 squares.

Our challenge:  To mix the colors we saw in the pixelated square and ice our cookies.  We then attached our iced cookies to a 12" x 12" square of cardboard.

Upon completion of the squares, they were placed on the floor in order to create an enlargement of the original poster.

My pixelated square - 1/20th of the poster

 
My iced cookies



Pixelated poster cut into 20 squares



So...what is it?  Why, Betty White eating a hot dog and Mike Tyson eating an avocado, of course!

I'm proud of my cookies; see my square on the left; my cookies on the right.


Fun way of learning to mix colors and to enlarge the original.  THANKS, DINA AND MIKE!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews